MEDIA ADVISORY: SBIR National Road Tour Arrives in Hawaii Hosted by HTDCPosted on Sep 14, 2017 in News
Hawaii Technology Development Corporation
For Immediate Release: September 14, 2017
Nationwide Outreach Effort Targets Advanced Technology Communities for Federal Funding Opportunities
HONOLULU—The Hawaii Technology Development Corporation (HTDC) will host the final stop on this year’s U.S. Small Business Administration’s SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) National Road Tour —“Seeding America’s Future Innovations”— with its arrival in Hawaii.
Sept. 18 – 19, 2017
Key media opportunities include:
Monday, Sept. 18
- 8 a.m. – Opening remarks from John Williams (Director, Office of Innovation & Technology, U.S. SBA)
- 10 a.m. – Morning break interviews with national SBIR program managers
- 2:30 p.m. – Panel featuring Tibbetts Award Winners: Carole Teolis (TRX Systems),
Greg Rocheleau (Makai Ocean Engineering), Nelson Kanemoto (Referentia)
Full agenda available at www.htdc.org/sbir2017
Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
2552 Kalakaua Avenue
- Interview with HTDC’s Executive Director/CEO Robbie Melton
- Hawaii SBIR-funded companies sharing how they were able to bring their products to market
- Panelists, funding program managers, agency representatives and entrepreneurs at event
- Insights into the technical innovations taking place in the islands
This year’s SBIR Road Tour is an 11-state outreach effort providing companies with a unique opportunity to meet directly with federal funding program managers. Hawaii is the final stop — out of only 15 stops total — in this national tour, underscoring the state’s reputation as a place where technology-based innovation is being fostered. The two-day event will include panel sessions with discussions on funding, best practices, and defense focused projects, as well as one-on-one meetings with representatives from more than a dozen federal agencies.
Becker Communications, Inc.
Phone: (808) 533-4165