2017 Reserved Housing Rules Proposed AmendmentsPosted on Mar 29, 2017 in Main
The below information includes the official hearing notice and proposed rules being considered, testimony, information on the hearings officer, and a timeline of Authority public meetings. Additional information will be added as it becomes available.
- Public Hearing Notice Kakaako Reserved Housing Rules Amendment March 28 and May 3, 2017
- Public Hearing Notice Kakaako Reserved Housing Rules Amendment May 17 and May 31, 2017
- 20170223 Kakaako Reserved Housing Rules Amendments-Public Hearing Final
- Summary of Proposed Rules Changes
March 28, 2017
May 7, 2014
- Decision Making: Shall the Authority Initiate Hawaii Community Development Authority Rule Making for: d. Amendment of Chapter 218 of Title 15, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Entitled “Kakaako Reserved Housing Rules”.
Aug 6, 2014
- Appointment of HRS Section 92-2.5(b) Committee to Investigate Enhancement of HCDA’s Reserved Housing Program in Kakaako and Recommend Necessary Statutory and/or Rule Amendments.
March 1, 2015
May 6, 2015
Sept. 2, 2015
Feb. 3, 2016
July 6, 2016
Sept. 7, 2016
- Information and Discussion: Kakaako Community Development District Reserved Housing Rules Proposed Draft Amendments.
January 4, 2017
Mar. 1, 2017
- Information: Kakaako Community Development District Reserved Housing Rules Proposed Draft Amendments.
- 3.1.2017 Public Testimony.RH Rule Proposed Amendments
- Testimony submitted 2.23.2017
Media Coverage of Reserved Housing Rules
(Subscription may be required)
- KITV: HCDA proposes changes to affordable housing rules
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: State board skips its own hearing
- Honolulu Civil Beat: Why Didn’t A Single Board Member Show Up To A Kakaako Housing Hearing?
- Hawaii Public Radio: HCDA: Developers and Public Weigh-In on Proposed Affordable Housing Rules
- Civil Beat: Commentary — Yes, We Can Build Our Way Out Of The Housing Shortage
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: Island Voices — Proposed changes would restrict affordable housing in Kakaako
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: New rules could cut housing cost in Kakaako
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: Editorial — Kakaako Affordable Housing Rules Need Redo
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser: Major changes urged for Kakaako housing
- Hawaii News Now: HCDA considering tougher regulations to create more affordable housing
- Hawaii News Now: State to change re-sale rules for Kakaako workforce units to keep them affordable