Make Hawaiʻi the most business friendly state in the nation.
We will work toward a regulatory environment that encourages & supports the vitality of small business in Hawaiʻi.
The Small Business Regulatory Review Board (SBRRB) reviews proposed new or amended rules that impact small businesses*.
*“Small business,” under Chapter 201M, is defined, in part, as a for-profit enterprise consisting of fewer than one hundred full-time or part-time employees.
How we can help YOU:
- We review new and existing rules in conjunction with an impact statement on small business
- We review all rules that affect small businesses before and after public hearings, followed by our recommendations to the Governor
- We act as a resource to the State Legislature, State Departments and Counties regarding the small business impact of new laws, rules and ordinances
- We can also organize and hold conferences on problems affecting small businesses
We work with these State Departments:
- Accounting & General Services
- Budget & Finance
- Business, Economic Development & Tourism
- Commerce & Consumer Affairs
- Hawaiian Home Lands
- Human Services
- Labor and Industrial Relations / HIOSH
- Land and Natural Resources
- Public Safety
- Office of the Attorney General
- Office of the Lieutenant Governor
- Public Utilities Commission
- University of Hawai‘i