HOW TO SUBMIT A RULE CHANGE RECOMMENDATION FOR BOARD REVIEW:
FOR STATE DEPARTMENTS AND COUNTIES:
1. Obtain a PDF copy of the Regulations/Rules (preferrably in Ramseyer format) you wish to change/add.
2. Complete the proper Small Business Impact Statement forms (Pre-Public Hearing or Post-Public Hearing).
3. Attach both the Small Business Impact Statement AND a copy of the Regulations/Rules to the form and submit for the board’s review.
FOR THE PUBLIC:
1. Complete the Regulation Review Card form.
2. You may attach written Testimony to the Regulation Review Card or send via email. Testifiers may also come to the next board meeting and testify in person.
1. Submit a Petition for Regulatory Review to an agency, in accordance to HRS §91-6, forwarding a copy to the SBRRB.
2. Within sixty (60) days, the agency should submit a written response of the agency’s determination to the board.
Small Business Tools
Small Business Bill of Rights
In September 2007, the SBRRB finalized its publication of Hawaii’s “Small Business Bill of Rights.”
These Rights contain 16 existing rights taken from Hawaii Revised Statutes as well as core principles & expectations.
Link to the Administrative Rules on the Lt. Governor of the State of Hawaiʻi website.
Legislative Public Hearings
Link to the list of Public Hearings on the Hawaii State Legislature website.
Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS) §201M-6 Petition for regulatory review
Under 201M-6, HRS, any affected small business may file a written petition with the agency that has adopted the rules objecting to all or part of any rule affecting small business.
U.S. Small Business Administration
SBA was created through the Small Business Act of 1953. It has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
State of Hawaii Office of the Ombudsman
The Hawaii State Ombudsman independently and impartially investigates complaints against state and county agencies and employees.