Whitmore Community Food Hub Project
The Whitmore Community Food Hub Project encompasses all ADC activities to revitalize agriculture in the Wahiawa area and will provide the following solutions:
- Agriculture-Technology Park to house software and manufacturing companies that develop technology and equipment for farmers.
- Agriculture land to be available where farmers could obtain long-term leases to invest in their company.
- Rent credits to be considered for farmers per agreements with ADC.
- A centralized location to decrease costs, time of transportation, and shipping.
- Existing facilities to be retrofitted to comply with the handling, preparation, and storage regulations.
- Arable land to be converted into active land and achieve scale and diversity of products.
- Co-op opportunities to leverage the high cost of equipment and supplies.
- Workforce housing to be developed to encourage farm labor participation.
- Public-private partnerships to be explored to incentivize participation in agricultural development.
|Subject or Document||Type||Link|
|Final Environmental Assessment — FONSI (May 2019)||pdf*||FEA|
|“Food Hubs and Rebuilding Missing Middle Market Structure in Agriculture: The Social in Supply Chain Development” (June 2021)||pdf*||Article|
|Whitmore Community Food Hub Project Storyboard||html*||Website|
|Request for Information (October 2021)||Request|
|Webinar — High Pressure Processing (October 2021)||Notice|
|Virtual Community Presentation (Thursday, November 4, 2021)||html||Notice|
|Community Open House Walk-Thru, Friday (November 19, 2021)||Flyer|
|“Preliminary Summary for High Pressure Processing (HPP) in Hawaii” (April 2022)||pdf*||Report|
|Community Open House Walk-Thru (Wednesday, June 8, 2022)||Flyer|
|Request for Proposal: Whitmore High Pressure Processing Machine & Agricultural Faclilities||html*||HANDS|