Aloha from DBEDT!
The Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism is Hawaii’s resource center for economic and statistical data, business development opportunities, energy and conservation information, and foreign trade advantages.
HTDC Celebrates 5th Anniversary of Wetware Wednesday
High Technology Development Corp. -- HTDC monthly WetWare Wednesday hits a milestone in August as it celebrates five years of bringing together software designers, entrepreneurs, students, and educators to share ideas and spark new business opportunities.
Hawaii Foreign-Trade Zone No. 9 Donates New Items to The Institute for Human Services
The state Foreign-Trade Zone No. 9 (FTZ9), a division within the state Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT) donated a large truckload (31 boxes) full of new and unused items to The Institute for Human Services (IHS) today.
Direct Spending by International Students Reached $302 Million
DBEDT released a report today, which analyzes the impact of international students on Hawaii’s economy. “The Economic Impact of International Students in Hawaii – 2016 Update” shows direct spending by foreign students in Hawaii was $301.9 million for the 2015/16 school year.
DBEDT’s Creative Industries and Creative Lab Hawaii to Speak at Creative World SummitRead More Entries from News
DBEDT announced today that Georja Skinner, DBEDT's Creative Industries Division (CID) chief officer, will be speaking at a summit in Washington D.C., hosted by Creative World, an annual gathering of leaders in the creative industries from around the world to collaborate on global initiatives.
- Business Development & Support Division
- Creative Industries Division
- Foreign-Trade Zone Division
- Research & Economic Analysis Division
- Hawaii State Energy Office
- Office of Aerospace Development
- Hawaii Community Development Authority
- Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority
- Hawaii Housing Finance & Development Corp.
- Hawaii Strategic Development Corp.
- Hawaii Tourism Authority
- High Technology Development Corp.
- Land Use Commission
- Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority
- Office of Planning
- Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems
- Small Business Regulatory Review Board