Aloha from DBEDT!
The Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism is Hawaii’s resource center for economic and statistical data, business development opportunities, energy and conservation information, and foreign trade advantages.
Direct Spending by International Students Reached $302 Million
DBEDT released a report today, which analyzes the impact of international students on Hawaii’s economy. “The Economic Impact of International Students in Hawaii – 2016 Update” shows direct spending by foreign students in Hawaii was $301.9 million for the 2015/16 school year.
DBEDT’s Creative Industries and Creative Lab Hawaii to Speak at Creative World Summit
DBEDT announced today that Georja Skinner, DBEDT's Creative Industries Division (CID) chief officer, will be speaking at a summit in Washington D.C., hosted by Creative World, an annual gathering of leaders in the creative industries from around the world to collaborate on global initiatives.
HTDC Awards More Than $3 Million in Grants to Hawaii Companies
High Technology Development Corp. -- HTDC recently awarded $3,273,533 in funding from two grant programs to 13 Hawaii companies to help support development of new products to solve critical issues.
HGIA Invites Proposals to Finance Clean Energy ProjectsRead More Entries from News
Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority -- HGIA today announced its Open Solicitation for Financing Arrangements -- a call for proposals from clean energy developers, financiers, and other industry participants seeking Green Energy Market Securitization (GEMS) fund support for clean energy projects in the State of Hawaii.
- Business Development & Support Division
- Creative Industries Division
- Foreign-Trade Zone Division
- Research & Economic Analysis Division
- Hawaii State Energy Office
- Office of Aerospace Development
- Hawaii Community Development Authority
- Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority
- Hawaii Housing Finance & Development Corp.
- Hawaii Strategic Development Corp.
- Hawaii Tourism Authority
- High Technology Development Corp.
- Land Use Commission
- Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority
- Office of Planning
- Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems
- Small Business Regulatory Review Board