Aloha from DBEDT!
The Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism is Hawaii’s resource center for economic and statistical data, business development opportunities, energy and conservation information, and foreign trade advantages.
International Students Contribute More Than $205 Million Directly to Hawaii’s Economy
DBEDT's Research and Economic Analysis Division today released an economic report analyzing, "The Economic Impact of International Students in Hawaii."
State Releases Housing Demand Projections
DBEDT's Research and Economic Analysis Division released an economic study titled "Measuring Housing Demand in Hawaii, 2015-2025."
GEMS Program Up and Running, Begins Accepting Clean Energy Loan Applications from Nonprofits
State Energy Office -- Nonprofit organizations that have had difficulty obtaining financing for solar PV systems can now apply for a loan under the state's Green Energy Market Securitization (GEMS) program.
State Economic Growth Continues
In its first quarter 2015 Statistical and Economic Report, DBEDT projects that Hawaii’s economy will continue its stable growth in 2015 and beyond.
DBEDT Recognized for Innovative Green Energy Market Securitization ProgramRead More Entries from News
State Energy Office -- DBEDT has garnered a top financial industry award for its successful effort to raise $150 million in the bond market to support the new Green Energy Market Securitization (GEMS) program.
- Business Development & Support Division
- Creative Industries Division
- Foreign-Trade Zone Division
- Hawaii Film Office
- Hawaii State Data Center
- Research & Economic Analysis Division
- Strategic Industries Division
- Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority
- Hawaii Housing Finance & Development Corp.
- Hawaii Strategic Development Corp.
- Hawaii Tourism Authority
- High Technology Development Corp.
- Land Use Commission
- Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority
- Office of Planning
- Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems
- Small Business Regulatory Review Board