Aloha from DBEDT!
The Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism is Hawaii’s resource center for economic and statistical data, business development opportunities, energy and conservation information, and foreign trade advantages.
High Technology Development Corporation Hosts Forum on Entrepreneurship with Noted Business Innovation Expert
High Technology Development Corp. -- HTDC will host a free brown bag lunch lecture by nationally recognized venture capitalist, technology expert, business executive and media commentator Jonathan Aberman at the NELHA Gateway Center in Kailua-Kona.
Hawaii’s Economy Continues Strong Growth After a Great First Quarter
DBEDT released its second quarter 2016 Statistical and Economic Report, where the data shows Hawaii experienced a great first quarter of 2016. New in this report are the data on Hawaii home buyers by type of homes, by place of buyer’s residence, and by county of property location.
NELHA Receives Presidential Award for Export Service
Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority -- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker today presented the Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority (NELHA) with the President’s “E” Award for Export Service at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. The “E” Awards are the highest recognition any U.S. entity may receive for making a significant contribution to the expansion of U.S. exports.
2016 Legislature Approves Funding in Support of State Innovation InitiativesRead More Entries from News
DBEDT thanks the Hawaii State Legislature for showing broad support for the state’s innovation initiatives this legislative session. State lawmakers approved funding for a range of critical programs that help to grow and diversify Hawaii’s economy.
- Business Development & Support Division
- Creative Industries Division
- Foreign-Trade Zone Division
- Research & Economic Analysis Division
- Hawaii State Energy Office
- Office of Aerospace Development
- Hawaii Community Development Authority
- Hawaii Green Infrastructure Authority
- Hawaii Housing Finance & Development Corp.
- Hawaii Strategic Development Corp.
- Hawaii Tourism Authority
- High Technology Development Corp.
- Land Use Commission
- Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority
- Office of Planning
- Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems
- Small Business Regulatory Review Board