Kaka’ako Parks Permit

Starting on November 1, 2019, HCDA will only be issuing park permits for Kolowalu Parks.

For permits for the Kaka’ako Waterfront Park, Gateway Parks, and Kewalo Basin Park, call the City Department of Parks and Recreation, Kaka’ako Regional Park at (808) 768-9247 or email [email protected] for permitting assistance.

Parks and open spaces can provide sustainable, family-friendly outdoor gathering places that encourage lively uses and quality outdoor experiences.

Since its creation in 1976, the HCDA has developed about 46 acres of park land in the Kakaʻako District, including Kakaʻako Waterfront Park, Kakaʻako Gateway Parks, Kewalo Basin Park and Kolowalu Parks.

A Park Permit is required for the following:

  • Park Uses (HAR § 15-210-13(b)),
  • Commercial Activities (HAR § 15-210-26 to -33), and
  • Other Uses (HAR § 15-210-46, et seq.). 

These uses include events with more than 50 attendees or the placement of structures at any of the Kakaʻako District parks.

See the Park Rules (HAR Chapter 15-210) for a full list of events that require a permit.

To begin the permit process submit this form to the Hawaiʻi Community Development Authority, and someone will get back to you. Early submission is suggested. There is a 45 day minimum processing time.

*Additional information and documentation may be required.

**Commercial use permits require a $100 application fee. Payments are only accepted in cash or check made out to: HCDA.


The Guidelines are general and are not all inclusive. For a full list of events that require a permit see the Park Rules (HAR-15-210).



  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • :
  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • :
  • Accepted file types: docx, doc, pdf, jpg, png, Max. file size: 195 MB.