AGENDA 09-06-2017 KAKAAKOPosted on Sep 1, 2017 in Main
Hawaii Community Development Authority
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
547 Queen Street, 2nd Floor
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Kakaako Regular Meeting of August 2, 2017.
III. ACTION ITEMS*
- Shall the Authority Authorize a Transfer of $200,000 from the Hawaii Community Development Revolving Fund, Improvement District Subaccount, to the Kalaeloa Community Development Revolving Fund, for the Removal of Materials Stockpiled at the Kalaeloa Heritage Park?The Authority may convene an executive meeting pursuant to HRS § 92-5 (a) (4), for the purpose of consulting with the Authority’s legal counsel on questions and issues relating to the Authority’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities relating to the above items.
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Executive Director to Execute the Economic Development Administration’s Certificate as to Project Site, Rights of Way, and Easements, Part Three, Owners Certification Regarding Eminent Domain, and the Covenant of Purpose, Use and Ownership, as Required Under the Economic Development Grant No. 070107127 for the Entrepreneur’s Sandbox Project?
- Shall the Authority Appoint a Taskforce, Pursuant to HRS § 92-2.5 (b) to Consider and Recommend Proactive Strategies for Encouraging Low to Middle-Income Rental Housing Development in Kaka’ako so as to expand the range of housing opportunities in the Kaka’ako Community Development District?
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Executive Director to Execute a Final Form of the 35-Year Lease of the Net Shed Building at Kewalo Basin with KUPU?The Authority may convene an executive meeting pursuant to HRS § 92-5 (a) (4), for the purpose of consulting with the Authority’s legal counsel on questions and issues relating to the Authority’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities relating to the above items.
IV. REPORT OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
a. Approved permit applications that did not require HRS § 206E-5.6 public hearings.
b. HCDA Parks Update.
V. ADJOURN REGULAR KAKAAKO AUTHORITY MEETING
VI. PUBLIC HEARING AND DECISION MAKING – 1:00 PM
*Meals will be served to Authority Members and required staff as an integral part of the meeting.
Individuals who require an auxiliary aid or accommodation due to a disability are invited to contact Garett Kamemoto, HCDA’s ADA Compliance Coordinator, by phone at (808) 594-0300, e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by facsimile at (808) 587-0299 at least 5 working days prior to the date required.
This agenda and meeting materials are available on the HCDA website at, dbedt.hawaii.gov/hcda. Hard copies can be reviewed at the HCDA office located at 547 Queen Street, 5th Floor, Honolulu, Hawaii.
The HCDA welcomes public testimony on HCDA Agenda items. Written public testimony will be accepted through our website at dbedt.hawaii.gov/hcda/ up to 12:00 p.m. the day before date of the meeting. Persons wishing to submit public testimony after the written testimony deadline are encouraged to appear in person at the meeting to present oral testimony. Persons who intend to present oral testimony on HCDA agenda items may sign-up at the beginning of each meeting. Please be advised that any written public testimony submitted to the HCDA will be treated as a public record, and any contact information contained therein may be available for public inspection and copying.
The HCDA is located at 547 Queen Street, Honolulu, Hawaii. HCDA does not have public parking; however, there are several parking options in the area. Metered street parking is also available on a first-come first-served basis.