Agenda 10-04-2017 Kakaako BusinessPosted on Sep 28, 2017 in Main
Hawaii Community Development Authority
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
547 Queen Street, 2nd Floor
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
III. ACTION ITEMS*
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Executive Director to Execute a Contract to Doonwood Engineering Inc. to Provide Maintenance, Testing and Repairs to the Sewage Pumps and Backflow Preventer Systems for the HCDA at the Kakaako Waterfront Park, Gateway Park, and Kewalo Basin Park for a Three-Year Term, With Two, One Year Options to Extend in an Amount not to Exceed $194,650 from the Hawaii Community Development Authority’s Revolving Funds, Public Facility Dedication Subaccount?
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Executive Director to Execute a Contract with David’s Fencing for the Installation of a Security Gate at Keawe Street and Ilalo Street in an Amount Not to Exceed $30,000 from the Hawaii Community Development Authority’s Revolving Funds, Public Facility Dedication Subaccount?
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Executive Director to Enter into a Memorandum of Agreement to Transfer Funds from the University of Hawaii’s Applied Research Laboratory to the Hawaii Community Development Authority, to Conduct Planning Studies Relating to a Potential Transpacific Broadband Cable Landing Site in Kakaako Makai?
- Shall the Authority Add an Additional Member to the Existing Affordable Rental Housing Permitted Interaction Group, Pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes § 92-2.5(b), that was Created to Consider and Recommend Proactive Strategies for Encouraging Low to Middle-Income Rental Housing Development in Kakaako so as to expand the range of housing opportunities in the Kakaako Community Development District?
IV. REPORT OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
7. Monthly and Status reports on the following:
*Meals will be served to Authority Members and required staff as an integral part of the meeting.
Individuals who require an auxiliary aid or accommodation due to a disability are invited to contact Garett Kamemoto, HCDA’s ADA Compliance Coordinator, by phone at (808) 594-0300, e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by facsimile at (808) 587-0299 at least 5 working days prior to the date required.
This agenda and meeting materials are available on the HCDA website at, dbedt.hawaii.gov/hcda. Hard copies can be reviewed at the HCDA office located at 547 Queen Street, 5th Floor, Honolulu, Hawaii.
The HCDA welcomes public testimony on HCDA agenda items. Written public testimony will be accepted through our website at dbedt.hawaii.gov/hcda/ up to 12:00 p.m. the day before the date of the meeting. Persons wishing to submit public testimony after the written testimony deadline are encouraged to appear in person at the meeting to present oral testimony. Persons who intend to present oral testimony on HCDA agenda items may sign-up at the beginning of each meeting. Please be advised that any written public testimony submitted to the HCDA will be treated as a public record, and any contact information contained therein may be available for public inspection and copying.
The HCDA is located at 547 Queen Street, Honolulu, Hawaii. HCDA does not have public parking; however, there are several parking options in the area. Metered street parking is also available on a first-come first-served basis.