August 7, 2019 Kakaako AgendaPosted on Aug 1, 2019 in Main
Hawaii Community Development Authority
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
547 Queen Street, 2nd Floor
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
AGENDA – KAKAAKO BUSINESS
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
III. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION
IV. ACTION ITEMS
3. Shall the Authority Authorize the Transfer of Reserved Housing Units to Revocable Trusts and Defer the Payment of Shared Equity and the HCDA’s First Option to Purchase the Unit, Provided Certain Conditions are Met?
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Transfer of Ke Kilohana Unit 2405 to a Revocable Trust and Defer the Payment of Shared Equity and the HCDA’s First Option to Purchase the Unit?
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Executive Director to Expand the Existing Agreement between the Hawaii Community Development Authority and the Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation to 1) Allow HHFDC to serve as the HCDA’s Designated Agent to Repurchase and Resell Any Reserved Housing Units Sold During the Regulated Term, in Accordance with HHFDC’s Affordable Housing Program and Subject to HHFDC’s Acceptance of the Condition of the Unit, and 2) If HHFDC determines that repurchasing the unit is not feasible, HCDA’s Executive Director may waive HCDA’s first right to repurchase the unit?
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Executive Director to Expend Public Facilities Dedication Funds in the Amount of $80,000 and Enter into a Consultant Contract to Complete an Engineering Condition Assessment of the Box Drain Culvert Adjacent to the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM)?
- Shall the Authority Authorize the Executive Director to Expend Up to $800,000.00 from the Public Facilities Dedication Funds for Major Maintenance Repairs in the Hawaii Community Development Authority Kakaako Parks to Effectuate the Transfer of the Parks to the City and County of Honolulu?
V. REPORT OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Individuals who require an auxiliary aid or accommodation due to a disability are invited to contact Garett Kamemoto, HCDA’s ADA Compliance Coordinator, by phone at (808) 594-0300, e‑mail at [email protected] or by facsimile at (808) 587-0299 at least 5 working days prior to the date required.
This agenda and meeting materials are available on the HCDA website at, dbedt.hawaii.gov/hcda. Hard copies can be reviewed at the HCDA office located at 547 Queen Street, 5th Floor, Honolulu, Hawaii. The HCDA welcomes public testimony on HCDA agenda items. Written public testimony will be accepted through our website at dbedt.hawaii.gov/hcda/ up to 12:00 p.m. the day before the date of the meeting. Persons wishing to submit public testimony after the written testimony deadline are encouraged to appear in person at the meeting to present oral testimony. Persons who intend to present oral testimony on HCDA agenda items may sign-up at the beginning of each meeting. Please be advised that any written public testimony submitted to the HCDA will be treated as a public record, and any contact information contained therein may be available for public inspection and copying.
The HCDA is located at 547 Queen Street, Honolulu, Hawaii. HCDA does not have public parking; however, there are several parking options in the area. Metered street parking is also available on a first-come first-served basis.