August 3, 2022 Kalaeloa AgendaPosted on Jul 27, 2022 in Main
HAWAII COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
NOTICE OF A KALAELOA BOARD MEETING
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Participate Remotely Via Zoom
Use the following link: https://zoom.us/j/7025694770?pwd=OVozQjNiTUw5ajhrNmFBdzc3U213UT09
Meeting ID: 702 569 4770
Participate Via Phone
Dial: (669) 900 – 6833
Meeting ID: 702 569 4770
View the Meeting Livestream Via HCDA’s YouTube Channel
View the Remote Board Meeting at the Following Physical Meeting Site:
Hawaii Community Development Authority
American Brewery Building
547 Queen Street, 2nd Floor Board Room
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
I. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Regular Meeting Minutes of November 3, 2021
2. Regular Meeting Minutes of June 1, 2022
III. INFORMATION AND DISCUSSION
3. Status update: Planning Presentation by HCDA Planning Staff and Design Firm G70 regarding the Proposed Honokea Surf Villages Project to Build a Surf and Outdoor Recreation Facility Showcasing Hawaiian Culture and Arts in the Kalaeloa Community Development District, on a 19.4 Acre Parcel, at Tax Map Key No. (1) 9-1-013-068, Mauka of the Kalaeloa Heritage Park.
Honokea Kalaeloa Deck_2022 07 20
IV. DECISION MAKING
4. Consider Authorizing the Executive Director to Amend the Exclusive Negotiations Agreement and Right of Entry Agreement with HK Management, Dated March 15, 2021, to Conduct Due Diligence on the Proposed Honokea Surf Villages Project, Involving the Proposed Development of a Surf and Outdoor Recreation Facility Showcasing Hawaiian Culture and Arts, in the Kalaeloa Community Development District, at Tax Map Key No. (1) 9-1-013-068, to Extend the Terms of Both Agreements for an Additional Eighteen (18) Additional Months.
4a. Exhibit A_HCDA Request for Extension
5. Request to Approve the Development Plan and Program for the Sale of Reserved Housing Units in Kaulu, the Residential Community Located in the Kalaeloa Community Development District, at Tax Map Key Nos. (1) 9-1-013:197, 198, and 199, in Accordance with the Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law, and Decision and Order for Planned Development Permit KAL 21-005 Dated February 2, 2022.
5a. Exhibit A Kaulu by Gentry Reserved Housing Program
Reserved Housing Presentation
6. Request to Approve the Kalaeloa Community Development District Operating Budget for the Fiscal Year 2022 – 2023 in the Amount Not to Exceed $958,814.00 and Authorize the Issuance of Land User Assessments in the Amount Not to Exceed $958,814.00 Pursuant to Hawaii Revised Statutes §206E-196, Assessment for Operating Costs.
The Authority anticipates convening an executive meeting pursuant to HRS §92-5(a)(4), to consult with the Board’s attorneys on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s power, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities for the subject agenda item.
V. REPORT OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
7. Monthly Report and Other Status Reports Approved permit applications that did not require HRS 206E-5.6 public hearings.
In accordance with Section 92-3.7(c), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in the event that audiovisual communication cannot be maintained by all participating Board Members and quorum is lost, the meeting will be automatically recessed for up to thirty (30) minutes, during which time, an attempt to restore audiovisual communication will be made. If HCDA is able to reestablish audio communication only, the meeting will be reconvened and continue. To participate via audio communication, please refer to the “Participate Via Phone” information above.
If HCDA is unable to reconvene the meeting because neither audiovisual communication nor audio communication can be re-established within thirty (30) minutes, the meeting will be automatically terminated.
Oral Live Testimony
Pursuant to Section 92-3, Hawaii Revised Statutes and Article IV, Section 10 of HCDA’s Bylaws, oral, live testimony may be limited to three (3) minutes at the discretion of the presiding officer and will be accepted only on matters directly related to the meeting agenda items. The Board meeting agenda and meeting materials provided to the Board Members for this meeting are available for inspection on the HCDA website at:
When testifying, you will be asked to identify yourself and the organization, if any, that you represent.
Oral live testimony may be provided via either of the following options:
• In Person
Upon arriving in person, please complete the speaker registration form at the sign-in table on the 2nd floor of the American Brewery Building, 547 Queen Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. When the Chairperson asks for public testimony, and your name is called, please approach the public testimony table, and proceed with your testimony.
Oral live testimony may be provided remotely via the Zoom link provided above at the top of this Agenda Notice.
You will be asked to provide your name and an email address in the standard email format, e.g., ****@****.com.
Your microphone will automatically be muted. When the Chairperson asks for public testimony, you may click the Raise Hand button found on your Zoom screen to indicate that you wish to testify about that specific agenda item. The Chairperson will individually enable each testifier to unmute their microphone. When recognized by the Chairperson, please unmute your microphone before speaking and mute your microphone after you finish speaking.
If you do not have a computer/internet access, you may provide oral live testimony via the Participate by Phone option and attend this meeting with audio-only access by calling the phone number listed in the “Participate Via Phone” option located at the top of this meeting agenda.
Upon dialing the number, you will be prompted to enter the Meeting ID which is also listed at the top of this agenda. After entering the Meeting ID, you will be asked to either enter your panelist number or wait to be admitted into the meeting. Please wait until you are admitted into the meeting as no panelist numbers will be issued.
When the Chairperson asks for public testimony, you may indicate that you want to testify by entering * followed by 9 on your phone’s keypad. A voice prompt will then let you know that the meeting host has been notified. When recognized by the Chairperson, please unmute yourself by entering * and then 6 on your phone’s keypad. A voice prompt will let you know that you are unmuted, and you may begin speaking. After you have finished speaking, please enter * and then 6 again to mute yourself.
To ensure that the public as well as the HCDA Board Members receive testimony in a timely manner, written testimony should be submitted 24 hours prior the scheduled meeting date and time.
Any written testimony submitted after such time cannot be guaranteed to be distributed in time for the meeting. Written testimony may be submitted by any one of the following methods:
• Email to: [email protected]
• Web form at: https://dbedt.hawaii.gov/hcda/submit-testimony/
• U.S. Postal Mail sent to:
Hawaii Community Development Authority
547 Queen Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
• Facsimile (fax) to: (808) 587-0299
Please note that written public testimony submitted to the HCDA will be treated as a public record and any contact information contained therein will be available for public inspection and copying.
The Authority may elect to convene in executive session pursuant to Sections §92-4 and §92-5 (a), Hawaii Revised Statutes, if any exceptions set forth therein apply.
If you need an auxiliary aid/service or other accommodation due to a disability, please contact Francine Murray, HCDA Interim Compliance Assurance and Community Outreach Officer, via phone at (808) 594-0300 or via email at: [email protected] two days prior to the meeting date.
If a request is received after Monday, August 1, 2022, the request for auxiliary aid/service cannot be guaranteed.
Upon request, this Meeting Agenda containing the instructions for participating and viewing this meeting may be found online at https://dbedt.hawaii.gov/hcda and is also available in alternate formats.