Affordable Resale Program
The Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corp. is accepting applications from first-time homebuyers interested in buying a repurchased condominium unit through its Affordable Resale Program.
The current offering consists of six HHFDC-owned condominium units in several popular projects, including the Kapiolani Residence tower near Ala Moana Center. Other available units are in the Holomua on Kalakaua Avenue and Rycroft Terrace in the Kakaako-Ala Moana neighborhood.
Other units may be offered under the program as they become available.
An eligible applicant must be a first-time homebuyer who does not own any unit anywhere in the world, and must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien, as well as be a Hawaii resident. The applicant must also agree to reside in the unit through the time of ownership. An applicant must also meet area median income requirements and agree to abide by HHFDC’s 10-year buyback and shared appreciate equity clauses.
Applications are being accepted online at this time through April 11, 2022, 4:00 p.m. Essential information about the program is provided in the links below. Please email questions to [email protected].
- Intake Form (must email to [email protected]
- Application Packet (application must be submitted online)
- Information Packet
- >> Appendices 1, 1A and 1B
- >> Appendix 2: Supplemental forms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Affordable Resale Program Summary of Procedures
- Schedule of Virtual Information Sessions (attendance not mandatory, but useful)