Mortgage Credit Certificate
The Mortgage Credit Certificate Program was authorized by Congress in the 1984 Tax Reform Act as a means of providing housing assistance to families of low and moderate income. The Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation (HHFDC) is an Issuer of Mortgage Credit Certificates.
The Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) reduces the amount of federal income tax you pay, thus giving you more available income to qualify for a mortgage loan and assist you with house payments.
Where can I get a MCC?
You are free to seek financing from any lender. However, MCCs are available only through the participating lenders listed below.
- American Financing Corporation
- American Pacific Mortgage
- American Savings Bank
- Bank of Hawaii
- Bay Equity, LLC
- Caliber Home Loans, Inc.
- Siwell, Inc.
- Cardinal Financial Company
- Castle & Cooke Mortgage, LLC
- Central Pacific Bank
- CMG Mortgage, Inc.
- Compass Home Loans, LLC
- DHI Mortgage
- Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
- First Hawaiian Bank
- Guild Mortgage Company
- Hawaii State Federal Credit Union
- HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union
- HHOC Mortgage
- HomeBridge Financial Services
- HomeStreet Bank
- House of Finance, Inc.
- International City Mortgage
- LDWholesale, A Division of loanDepot.com LLC
- Mann Mortgage, LLC
- Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corporation
- Movement Mortgage, LLC
- Nations Lending
- Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc.
- Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
- PrimeLending, A Plains Capital Company
- SecurityNational Mortgage Company
- Territorial Savings Bank