Mortgage Credit Certificate
The Mortgage Credit Certificate Program was authorized by Congress in the 1984 Tax Reform Act as a means of providing housing assistance to families of low and moderate income. The Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation (HHFDC) is an Issuer of Mortgage Credit Certificates.
The Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) reduces the amount of federal income tax you pay, thus giving you more available income to qualify for a mortgage loan and assist you with house payments.
Where can I get a MCC?
You are free to seek financing from any lender. However, MCCs are available only through the participating lenders listed below.
• American Pacific Mortgage Corporation
• American Savings Bank
• Bank of Hawaii
• Capital Mortgage Services of Texas
• Castle & Cooke Mortgage, LLC
• Central Pacific Bank
• CMG Mortgage, Inc.
• Compass Home Loans, LLC
• Coral Lending Group, Inc.
• DHI Mortgage Ltd.
• Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
• First Hawaiian Bank
• Guild Mortgage Company
• Hawaii Lending Alliance
• Hawaii State Federal Credit Union
• HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union
• HHOC Mortgage
• HomeStreet Bank
• Honolulu HomeLoans, Inc.
• House of Finance, Inc.
• International City Mortgage, Inc.
• LDWholesale, A Division of loanDepot.com LLC
• Mann Mortgage, LLC
• Mason-McDuffie Mortgage
• Pacific Access Mortgage
• Plaza Home Mortgage
• Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
• PrimeLending, A PlainsCapital Company
• Territorial Savings Bank