Mortgage Credit Certificate
The Mortgage Credit Certificate Program was authorized by Congress in the 1984 Tax Reform Act as a means of providing housing assistance to families of low and moderate income. The Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation (HHFDC) is an Issuer of Mortgage Credit Certificates.
A Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) reduces the amount of federal income tax you pay, thus giving you more available income to qualify for a mortgage loan and assist you with house payments.
PROGRAM UPDATE FOR LENDERS (05.05.2022)
Due to high demand, MCC funding for non-targeted areas has been exhausted.
Applications for non-targeted areas are no longer being accepted for the rest of the calendar year.
Applications for targeted areas are still being accepted.
Please check back periodically on this MCC web page as any additional program updates will appear here as necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions about MCC (and answers) (NEW! 03.31.2022)
Please email any questions you have about the MCC program to firstname.lastname@example.org/.
Where can I get a MCC?
You are free to seek financing from any of the participating lenders listed below.
• Academy Mortgage Corporation
• American Pacific Mortgage
• American Savings Bank
• Bank of Hawaii
• Caliber Home Loans, Inc.
• Castle & Cooke Mortgage, LLC
• Central Pacific Bank
• CMG Mortgage, Inc.
• Compass Home Loans, LLC
• DHI Mortgage Company Ltd.
• Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
• First Hawaiian Bank
• Guaranteed Rate, Inc.
• Guild Mortgage Company LLC
• Hawaii State Federal Credit Union
• Hawaii USA Federal Credit Union
• HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc.
• House of Finance, Inc.
• LoanDepot.com, LLC
• Mann Mortgage, LLC
• Mid America Mortgage, Inc.
• MLD Mortgage Inc.
• Movement Mortgage, LLC
• Mutual of Omaha Mortgage, Inc.
• Paramount Residential Mortgage Group, Inc.
• Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc.
• Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
• PrimeLending, a Plains Capital Company
• RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation
• Security National Mortgage Company Inc.
• Siwell, Inc.
• Territorial Savings Bank